NOTE: A microscope is required to complete Magnificent Magnification. Need a microscope? No problem! Check out our Magnificent Magnification and Microscope bundle!
Magnificent Magnification: Bringing an Unseen World into Focus is a Accelerate level Science Unlocked curriculum kit. Have you ever wondered about the world too small for the human eye to see? The Magnificent Magnification curriculum kit is an in-depth experience for a young microbiologist or health professional! In this kit, students will learn about the microscopic world. They will get the opportunity to create and view their own slides and compare those to pre-made slides. Magnificent Magnification comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook and Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in the unseen world.
Through a series of experiments, students will become absorbed in the world of cells and microscopic organisms. As part of a special program from Home Science Tools, this Accelerate level kit will provide over 7 hours of knowledge, educating your student about an amazing animal that can break down plastics on our planet and how the relationships between species are impacted by plastics.
In this kit, the student will partake in these fun activities:
- View the microscopic world
- Create cell models and compare the organelles found within cells
- Make a plant cell slide and compare what you see
- Use your own body to learn more about animal cells
- Look at a single-celled organism to discover just how small life can be
- Discover how cells make up all the organisms in the world
Use "Magnificent Magnification" to answer questions such as:
- What are plants and animals made of?
- What is a cell?
- What are cell parts?
- How does a microscope work?
- What more is there to see of the microscopic world?
Our Magnificent Magnification kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Accelerate series and is recommended for grades 3-7.
This kit contains:
- allium (onion) root tip slide
- foam cup
- kidney slide
- methylene blue, 30 mL (note: the student workbook references using this item on page 15, however it is not used in this experiment)
- microscope slide coverslips
- modeling dough
- razor blade
- microscope slides
- swab applicators
- yeast packet
On hand, you will want to have:
- Home LED microscope
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More