Have you ever wondered why animals look they way they do? This Launch level Science Unlocked Curriculum kit will help you find out! The Game of Survival kit is a fantastic experience for a young biologist!
In this kit, students will customize and play a game to learn about natural selection and adaptations. They will use math to better understand the role natural selection has on the species we share our earth with. Game of Survival comes with a full-color Student Curriculum Workbook and Teacher Guide. It is a phenomenon-based approach, designed to fully engage students in adaptations and the theory of natural selection. Through a customizable game, simulations, and experiments, students will become engrossed in the wonders of the species around them. This Launch level curriculum kit will provide over 13 hours of knowledge, educating your student about natural selection and adaptations, as well as what that means for species.
In this kit, the student will partake in these fun activities:
- Customize their own Survival Game
- Test model beaks to determine which is most universal
- Create a model bat wing and test it to better understand adaptations for flight
- Develop their own experiment on iguanas based on comparative observations
- Discover odd examples of mimicry that increase reproductive fitness in fishes
- Simulate the impact of coloration and camouflage on species survival
- Test themselves and their friends to see if humans are better at spotting danger than animals
Use "Game of Survival" to answer questions such as:
- Why do animals look the way they do?
- How does an animal's traits impact their survival?
- How are some animals better suited to their environment than others?
- What are adaptations and how does the theory of natural selection work?
Our Game of Survival kit is a part of the Science Unlocked Launch series and is recommended for grades 8-12.
Having trouble deciding which Science Unlocked curriculum is right for your student? Let us help you pick your kits! Simply take our Science Unlocked quiz to discover which kits we recommend for you and your student. Science Unlocked is uniquely designed to accommodate all levels of learning. There's a kit for everyone!
This kit contains:
- Binder clip
- Blue cellophane
- 10 blue pony beads
- Cardboard craft tube
- 2 pieces of cardstock
- Green cellophane
- 10 green pony beads
- Masking tape
- 6 pieces of newsprint
- Paper clips
- 10 red pony beads
- Rubber band
- 3 straws, 0.15” diameter
- 8 straws, 0.30” diameter
- 2 tongue depressors
- 10 yellow pony beads
- White pipe cleaner
You will also need:
- Art supplies
My Science Perks is FREE! Just place your order while logged in to your Home Science Tools account and you'll automatically earn up to 6% back when your order ships!Learn More